Ben has been in the financial services business since 1994 and founded Feldmeyer Financial Group. Ben is a hands-on teacher and a guiding visionary for the practice. Whether he’s mentoring a member of the team or guiding clients, his goal is to help people feel confident about their financial decisions.
Much of his time is spent writing presentations, doing research, and communicating with clients, helping them better understand the bigger picture of their financial world. He has an uncanny ability to simplify even the most complex concepts, and he loves helping people move from a place of uncertainty to one of clarity and peace of mind. He does this through creating a personalized financial plan based on clients’ short- and long-term goals and dreams.
Ben’s greatest strength and motivator is his genuine passion for people. His parents taught him from a young age that life is about what you can do for others, and he’s spent more than 30 years applying that principle to his work with clients. Ben is a highly educated financial advisor and has used that knowledge to develop a business with his daughter Alyssa that focuses solely on divorce financial planning called Alternative Divorce Solutions.
Ben loves the challenge of working on highly complex financial cases for individuals and businesses. Through it all, Ben’s goal is to bring people a sense of peace, security, and confidence in their financial future. And whenever possible—give them a good laugh in the process.
Areas of Focus
- Retirement Planning Strategies
- Divorce Financial Planning
- Small Business Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Cash Flow Management Strategies
- Insurance Needs Analysis
- Multi-Generational Planning
- CFP® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- CDFA® Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®
- CLTC® Certified Long-Term Care®
- The Ohio State University – BSBA with minor in accounting
- Central Michigan University – Master of Science in Administration
Awards & Recognition
- Forbes Best in State Wealth Management Teams, 2023
- Five Star Wealth Manager, Cincinnati Magazine 2012, 2015, 2022
- Better Business Bureau Accredited
- Financial Planning Association of SW OH
- Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts® – Past National Board Member
- Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsors, donates and volunteers for Crayons to Classrooms
- Donates to Dayton Children’s Hospital
- Donates to Unverferth House / John Hicks Unlimited Love Foundation
- Volunteers for The Foodbank of Dayton
- Donates to Parkinson Support & Wellness
- Donates to Alzheimer’s Association
- Past President of Ambucs – a service club that raised money for physically disadvantaged children
- Supports local schools and various sports teams in his community.
- He likes volunteering and welcomes new opportunities that benefit his community.
Ben lives in Dayton, OH with his wife Gretchen who also works in the practice as the Marketing Manager. Together, they have three grown children. Ben also feels lucky to work alongside his daughter and son-in-law. Ben and his family love to spend time near the water, whether it is poolside or at the lake boating and fishing. He has enjoyed years of coaching various sports but would like to find the time to get back to woodworking. In the precious free time that he has, he enjoys golfing.